Events by this organizer
10mar9:30 am3:30 pmReClaiming and ReImagining Your Self-CareHotel Maya - a DoubleTree by Hilton
A professional development workshop that will support you in leaving the cycle of burnout behind so you can start doing things true to you.
Join Desiree Rew, LCSW, as she uncovers the “secret sauce” to proactive Self-Care that no one else is talking about. Reclaiming and Reimagining Your Self-Care is a professional development workshop that will support you in getting out of the cycle of burnout so you can stop doing what you’re “supposed to do” and start doing things that you truly desire.
- Add yourself to your schedule: Learn how to prioritize self-care (you) even with all of your responsibilities so that you feel centered, less stressed, and less overwhelmed.
- Reclaim the power you already possess to create a life beyond what you’ve expected for yourself and what other people expect of/for you.
- Draw boundaries on your time so you can say “yes” to the things that move you closer to your goals.
- Rediscover the part of you that knows you can achieve what you want without waiting for proof or permission from someone or something else.
- Start saying no to “picking up the slack” because slackers won’t do their part even when you want to help the team
- Start arranging your to-do list to include yourself to improve your productivity and attitude toward the people and work you love.
- Start saying yes to what you want and what others need you to do without feeling pressured or resentful.
*Note: Lunch and parking are included in your registration fee. Casual Attire (However you define “casual” will be appropriate, except work-from-home pajama bottoms casual.)
About Your Trainer
Desiree Rew received her MSW from Howard University and is a doctoral student at Tulane University School of Social Work. She has worked in various behavioral health settings over her 30-year social work career. She is a clinical consultant, speaker, freelance food & travel writer, community steward, and self-care aficionado.
(Friday) 9:30 am - 3:30 pm
Hotel Maya - a DoubleTree by Hilton
700 Queensway Drive, Long Beach, CA 90802