Awakening Yoga • Weekly Class • Long Beach
Weekly online class with a spiritual focus to awaken one’s consciousness and highest potential. Awakening Yoga Class Awaken your
Awakening Yoga Class
Awaken your mind and body to a new level and learn how to practice meditation in motion.
Every Wednesday 90min
Every Saturday 90min
- Introduction, teachings and Q&A (10-15 min)
- Breathing (5 min)
- Mudras (shambavi and kechari), energy alignment and prayers (5 min)
- Asanas – meditation in motion practice (50 min)
- Relaxation (10 min)
- Closing prayers
Amrit, Kripalu and Ashtanga Yoga
The purpose of this yoga lineage is to guide you toward cultivating a conscious connection, integration and awakening of the body, mind, heart and spirit.
You will learn and practice Patanjali’s 8 limbs of yoga:
- Yama: universal ethics
- Niyama: personal observances
- Asana: physical postures
- Pranayama: breath
- Pratyahara: withdrawal of the senses
- Dharana: concentration
- Dhyana: meditation
- Samadhi: tranquility, spiritual illumination, union in one’s Divine Source
What To Expect
Work primarily with the Amrit posture sequence, gentle vinyasa flows and extended posture holding times.
Explore the deepest levels of body, mind and spirit with the integrative practices of clear intention, breath, meditative awareness and conscious integration.
Learn to balance your nervous system with the “first half” and “second half” of a posture. To transition from an active state of “doing” a posture, to a relaxed state of “being”. And to feel the effects of a posture.
Learn to consciously encounter your “edge” of body and mind to release deep tensions and restore the natural flow of the vital life force energy (prana).
Good for all levels, from those with some experience to more experienced practitioners. Some experience with yoga and postures is recommended.
- Connect on Zoom 10 minutes prior to class start time and silence cell phones
- Wear comfortable clothing, feet are bare for yoga practice
- Refrain from eating 1.5 to 2 hours before practice
- Yoga mats and props such as blocks, blankets and straps are recommended
(Saturday) 8:00 am - 9:30 am
Online Event on Zoom, Long Beach, CA 90805