Kayaking-with-Friends A Pirates Adventure! Join us it’s easy RSVP (click going) Sunday, July 31, 2022 (((( Share)))) Ahoy matey.. Shiver me timbers. All you
Kayaking-with-Friends A Pirates Adventure!
Join us it’s easy RSVP (click going)
Sunday, July 31, 2022
Ahoy matey.. Shiver me timbers. All you Buccaneer prepare to find your booty on the most amazing adventure kayaking on the sea. And then join us as we walk the plank to Shoreline Village to meet the rest of the Scallywags. Join us it’s easy RSVP (click going)
☼ Meeting Time: 8:00am
☼ Annual Pirate Invasion & Mermaid Festival after!
Anthony Lopez, Effin Gentry,
Rita Duran Flores, Benj Sinskul
Here is the address:
5437 East Ocean Boulevard
Long Beach, CA 90803
✔ We will be meeting to the right side of Leeway Sailing Center by the boat launch.
✔ Parking is either on the street on the beach side or metered on the opposite side. Beach parking lot is also close by.
✳️ It is $17 for each person
*this includes the convenience fee and everything you need for Kayaking.. Usually ends between 11:00 -11:30. Feel free to bring any friends or family that would like to go.
✳️ We are guided and paddle at a relaxed pace!
✳️ All the participants are required to know how to swim. Also, a life jacket is provided with rental, and the water is almost always flat and calm.
HOW DO I PARTICIPATE WITH THIS GROUP?
1. Like our page https://www.facebook.com/KayakingwFriends
2. Read all the Kayaking Details on this event page.
3. If, and only if it suits you, then RSVP for this event and show up the day of Kayaking.
4. Check back in a few days after the event for the group picture and tag yourself and friends.
5. ONLY invite your friends that you think can do this.
6. Check back in a few days after the event for the group picture and tag yourself and friends.
NOTES FROM THE KAYAKING COORDINATOR:
* If you have plans on splitting from the group, please don’t attend this event.
* If you have time constraints, please don’t attend this event.
* PARKING – Free street parking or park in the metered lot on Ocean Blvd.
* Bring change for the parking meters if you don’t find parking in the street.
* Wear clothes that you don’t mind getting wet.
* They provide the life jackets, zip lock bags, and a map.
* No lockers.. Leave your belongings in the car trunk.
* Public beach restrooms are available by the hut.
** Cash only and exact change is appreciated.
** YOU MUST KNOW HOW TO SWIM
Water or a drink
Sandals or water shoes
1: Check in with Kayaking-with-Friends coordinater and sign waiver and get your #
2: After everyone has checked in we’ll take a group picture.
3 We’ll go over to the hut as a group to check in.
4: Watch a 5-minute instructional video about do’s and don’ts.
5: Get your paddle and life jacket
6: Go solo kayak or buddy up on a double
7: Paddle out in the water and meet Effin
8: Practice paddling until everyone’s in the water
9: We usually circle COUNTER clockwise around the canal
10: We usually take a bathroom break and take a group picture
11: Return to Hut and sign out with your #
12: Go have lunch with a Pirate
PROVIDED BY VENUE:
– Single and Double kayaks with paddles .
– Life jacket-vest.
– Zip lock baggies for your wallet, phones, or other electronic equipment .
– A map.
Annual Pirate Invasion & Mermaid Festival
This Year it’s at
Harry Bridges Memorial Park
1126 Queens Hwy, Long Beach, CA 90802
Food, Beverage and Merchandise for sale. Be tharrrr…!
DISCLAIMER: Kayaking-With-Friends and its Leads / Organizers / Participants do not take responsibility for any harm, bodily injury, accidents, or damage to personal property. By clicking “Attending,” or attending the trip, you are confirming that you understand that all outdoor activity such as Kayaking, hiking, and Biking have an associated danger, and will not hold any hike lead / organizer, participant, Kayaking-With-Friends, Endeavor, Advance Hikes, or any group associated not responsible for any hazard to your well being. Additionally, you will not be allowed to participate with the group if you are not adequately prepared with enough water and the right gear / equipment / nutrition essential. You are fully responsible for yourself.
PHOTO/VIDEO CONSENT WAIVER:
By Attending our Kayaking event you grant permission to Kayaking-with-Friends to use photographs and/ or video taken of you during this event for use in publications, website, and other forms of media without notifying you. You hereby waive any right to inspect or approve the finished photographs or printed electronic matter that may be used in conjunction with them now or in the future, whether that use is known to you or unknown, and you waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising from or related to the use of the photogragh(s) and/ or video.
Kayaking is a great way to enjoy the outdoors and the water, while getting great arm workout.
Sun in the air and water drops in our hair
(Sunday) 8:00 am - 8:00 am
Leeway Sailing Center
5431 E Ocean Blvd